Sunday, April 04, 2004

Digital Cameras

I have to admit that I don't have the technology hardware bug. I only switched to CDs when they stopped making vinyl. I had a PDA that came with my computer but my son dropped it and it broke. That was a couple of years ago and I never replaced it. Other than that I don't really own anything that you would consider high tech.

Tonight I went out and bought a digital camera. It wasn't in my plan to buy one tonight but it just happened to work out that way. Like I said, I'm not big on technology so I don't know much about digital cameras so I never knew what I should get. But my wife and I were in Target tonight buying Easter candy and I passed a display of digital cameras. I know a little so I knew I wanted at least a 3x optical zoom and at least 3 megapixels but I had no concept of what other features I should be looking for. I noticed one camera that was very inexpensive and yet was a 4x optical zoom and 4.0 MP. I asked the kid behind the counter why it was so cheap and he said it was the floor model and he could knock 20% off the already low marked down price. So tonight I bought a Kodak DX6440, which sells on Amazon for $350 and I paid $165. I am very pleased with myself. Now I just have to figure out how to use it!

No comments: