Thursday, September 30, 2004

Philippe Maquet

PhilippePhillipe Maquet was a moderator at JavaRanch. Philippe died suddenly, apparently from an aneurysm.

Sometimes, we get to know people or even make friends with people on the internet without ever actually meeting them face to face. Sometimes we even get to know people on the internet better than we know our own neighbors. Philippe was a person who I was glad to have had the opportunity to know, even if we only met through the internet. He was the kind of person who had only good things to say about everyone. I can honestly say that I can't recall ever having a single negative thought about Philippe. He was an enthusiastic supporter of JavaRanch and worked hard to make JavaRanch a better place. I am glad that I got to know Philippe even if it was for only a brief moment. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

There is a wonderful tribute to Phil on Javaranch.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still can't accept his death. Whenever I visited the JavaRanch forum, I'd become very upset and cry.

Thank you so much for the contributions to the JavaRanch. You always gave compliment and encouragement to the Ranchers without reservation.

Phil, you'll be forever in my heart. No matter where you are, I'll always remember you.

@->->--