Friday, April 15, 2005

Aunt Tina

I have a couple of notes from Aunt Tina. Those who are regular readers may remember that Aunt Tina dropped in from Phoenix for a visit last month.

First, Aunt Tina sent a present to everyone in our house from Amazon. Michel got the book, Rats: Observations on the History and Habitat of the City's Most Unwanted Inhabitants. Beth got the ultra-cool book, Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants which she has almost finished! Mikey got the new Spongebob Squarepants Movie which the whole family has been enjoying. And I got the best of them all, Baudolino by Umberto Eco. The best part was the comment Tina put on the note that came with the order... Tom - This has your name all over it. Actually, it just yelled at me and said: "Give this to Tom." Being told that a book by Umberto Eco calls out your name is quite a compliment. Tina must think I'm a smart cookie. As soon as I get my new reading glasses I will start reading it.

Second, I received an email from Tina in which she said she saw an article that made her think of me... "Doctors Remove Leech From Woman's Nose". I will leave as an excercise to the reader to determine what this means Tina thinks of me! ;-)

1 comment:

Jeffrey Goble said...

Interesting. One of the quotes I've been carrying around lately:
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth."
Umberto Eco
Things that make you go "hmmmmm. . . "