Monday, August 21, 2006

An off day...

Yesterday was a bad day for me. Every once in awhile I get these days where my pulse or blood pressure drops and I'm just not myself. I spent a lot of the day confused about what exactly was going on and drifting in and out, if that makes any sense. Apparently I said something that really upset Michel and she slept on the couch. The weird part is that I have no memory of this whatsoever. I remember trying to get Mikey to sleep (he didn't fall asleep until 2 hours after his bed time) and I remember Michel being annoyed at me about something but then it's all just a blank. I feel much more myself today although I'm still a bit tired, almost like a mild hangover. For those of you who don't know, I have Vasovagal Syncope, although it has been a year since I actually passed out.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I think I know how you feel... I'm sorry to hear about your misery, Tom. You've been under a lot of stress so of course you're going to be off balance. Have you been tested for diabetes? All this fatigue and the sense of disorder... Take care now, and think about getting a checkup.

Tom P. said...

I have a condition called Vasovagal Hypotension. What it means is that I have sudden drops in blood pressure accompanied by drops in heart rate. The result is that the blood supply to my brain is reduced and I pass out. In this case I didn't pass out but I felt the symptoms. I take medication but there isn't a lot of treatment for it. If I passed out more often they would put in a pacemaker.