Saturday, December 31, 2005

Backup Software

hard driveSo I went on a search for backup software and found NTI Shadow 2. The best part is that it only costs 99 cents (at least until midnight California time, New Year's Eve). So now I am backing up the "My Documents" folder of our computer on Beth's hard drive and the "My Documents" directory of Beth's computer on our hard drive. I am also looking at IBackup as a possible solution. There seems to be a mix of good and bad about it (plus it costs $10 per month). Of course it does give you access to your files from anywhere on the internet which may be a good or bad thing depending on how secure the data is being held.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

We bought an external hard drive for our PC and we back up all our personal stuff at least once a month. The backup disk stays at work that way if anything happens at the house we still have a copy.

The cost wasn't too bad and thankfully we haven't had to make use of it yet.