Thursday, March 18, 2004

Hilary Duff

My daughter is at that pre-teen age that marketers love and they have been working overtime on my little girl. Beth has done her share to make millionaires out of various female recording stars over the last few years including The Spice Girls, Brittany Spears, Avril Lavigne, and now Hilary Duff.

Hilary has been popular in our household long before she released her album, of course. She was a star of a hit Disney program as well as starring in a couple of films. But now Hilary has released her new album and my daughter insists on listening to it 24x7.

But I guess this isn't too bad since I prefer her listening to the relatively harmless Ms. Duff instead of the brainless Ms. Spears who has decided that being a tramp worked for Madonna so maybe it will work for her. Of course, no one ever accused Madonna of being brainless. The pre-teen set thinks that Ms. Spears is, to quote a song by Ms. Duff, So Yesterday. It is amusing to see the reviews of Ms. Duff's album on amazon. You can tell who the Lizzy McGuire fans are!

So my world is now made up of watching Kim Possible with soundtrack by Hilary Duff. Thank goodness I get to spend at least eight hours a day at work!

No comments: