Friday, March 26, 2004

I hate moving

Today we are packing up all our accumulated stuff so that we can move to our new cubicles. Our new space is in a room affectionately called "the closet". The room is a bit dark, has no windows, and gets hot in the summer. There are about 15 cubicles in there so it also tends to get a little noisy sometimes. But at least we will all be together instead of spread out across the floor. And the cubicles in the closet are a lot bigger than the ones we have now.

The worst part of moving is the packing and unpacking. Fortunately, I am not a pack rat so I don't have too much to move. But the big question will be, will the phones and network connections be working Monday morning. I do have a wireless card so even if the network connections don't work I can still access everything I need. In fact, since I have everything packed away including my docking station, I am working on my wireless card now.

Anyway, Monday morning I will be unpacking and getting set up in my new home. But I have a feeling we will be moving again. Our new director has hinted that she wants to get all of her staff (which is currently spread out across two buildings) into the same area. I guess I shouldn't get too comfortable. With any luck we'll move before the hottest part of the summer.

No comments: