Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Review- Hyperspace by Michio Kaku

Hyperspace by Michio Kaku When I was in college I was a physics major. I have always loved physics and for a while after college I tried to keep up with the new theories but I found myself concentrating on so many other things that I fell behind. Recently, I saw a Nova special on Superstrings and my interest in physics was re-ignited. I decided to pick up a couple of books to catch up on what is going on in the world of physics. Hyperspace by Michio Kaku is one of those books.

Kaku takes exceedingly complex topics and makes them understandable which is no mean feat. The book does tend to wander around a bit and there is a fair amount of topic drift but most of the drifts are worth reading. He does an "up close and personal" look at a few people in math and physics that aren't household names and makes them interesting. Overall this is a good back that holds up in spite of being written ten years ago.

You can see the full review here.

No comments: