Monday, March 15, 2004

Review - Java Open Source Programming by Joe Walnes, et al

Java Open Source Programming by Joe Walnes, et al I just finished writing a review of this book. This is one of the worst edited books I have ever read. The code is full of errors (both compile and logic) and the grammar is terrible. I know a lot of times these projects are rushed and the authors may not be native English speakers but this is really bad. It is especially ironic because the book praises TDD and yet the authors produce non-compiling code that doesn't work even when you get it to compile. I think a good dose of test cases would have helped.

Still, I gave the book six horseshoes (3 stars on Amazon) because it does have a good deal of value. I just wish they had put more effort into doing it right.

No comments: